Wednesday 2 September 2015

Seeing NPCs in different contexts

Tonight we reached the end of The Dragonlance Chronicles, after a year and a half of pretty regular sessions. This final session was the result of the final battle running slightly long, so that various villains surrendered and we ended up at the negotiating table. (Admittedly I interrupted this myself with a duel with the killer of my character’s parents and a number of other small fights were likely to kick off, and I would expect the negotiated peace to be rather fragile not least due to villains betraying each other...)

Still, it got me thinking about seeing NPCs out of their usual contexts. How do the PCs handle meeting an archenemy at a formal occasion, or finding a contact distracted by romantic troubles?

No comments:

Post a Comment