Tuesday 16 May 2017

I'm gonna be a naughty vampire god!

One of the bar discussions at World Of Darkness Berlin ranged across various subjects, including Humanity and the other Paths in Vampire: The Masquerade, whether making them (and the Sabbat, in particular) playable was a good call. I’ve never really liked them, because they dodge around the original “what would you do to survive, or as a short cut to power?” question of the Vampire family of games, as well as a lot of them being played as “The Path Of What I Was Going To Do Anyway”. I definitely prefer the Vampire: The Requiem second edition version where the Humanity issues can be customised at some length.

On the other hand, I can also get the appeal of playing a vampire who doesn’t worry about this stuff. Lestat is more fun than Louis, Severen and Jesse are more fun than Caleb and Mae. There’s certainly fun to be had in playing such a character - it’s just not ideal in a Vampire game where morality is an issue. Something to discuss in advance, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment